View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm a chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowoc View Post
Greetings!

Since my car is new to me I am a bit paranoid right now. This was a new trick it performed this morning, so I thought I would ask about it to make sure I do not have any bigger issues.

Every morning I start my car and back it out of the garage a little bit to allow me to shut the garage door. I then normally give it thirty seconds or so to warm up.

This morning there was a neat trail of water that started in the garage and ended up right under the car. I got out and inspected it, and it indeed looks like water:

1. No diesel smell.
2. Not oil.
3. Not anti freeze - no smell of anti freeze nor was it blue.

Also, there was no issue with cooling of the motor nor oil pressure (the temp was between 78 and 82 and the oil pressure was at 3 while running. It did dip to 1.6 or so on occasion when idling).

So, it if is not diesel, anti freeze, or oil, and it appears to be water where and what is it from? I kind of think A/C, but the car had litteraly been running for 30 seconds. If it helps today is particularly humid here in Denver, a rarity. It seems to be coming from the rear of the motor on the passenger side. It was not leaking when I got to work this morning.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I don't know about your car but my a/c condensate barely drips after I turn off the car, but as soon as I get in and start it up later and the a/c is on it becomes Niagra Falls under my car instantly.
1995 Ford F-150 reg cab 4.9 5speed manual