View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
And I only had one lesson

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by just-n-time View Post
The rattle is the honey comb material haven broken lose from the wall of the cat some Friend of mine had the same thing happen to his, He just ran a few long sheet metal screws threw the wall of the cat to stop the rattle, NOT the proper fix but if you did not buy the proper one first, this may give you time to save up for the correct unit
That's friggin funny!!! Sheet metal screws into the cat...

Did the guy put duct tape on his dash board cracks, too?

I know a guy who does that sorta stuff to his vehicles all the time. He had a 69 Chevelle. The rear quarter panels were so rotted out that he took cardboard, and duct tape, and actually constructed new sections for the car, and paineted them to match afterwards. There was Duct tape everywhere on that poor car. Inside, outside, even the floor boards fell victim to the tape, and carboard treatment. He was nowhere near hard up for cash either. He just took great sentiment in the car, because it had been his mom's car, before she died, and she left it to him.

We used to call it the "Duct tape mobile". He was a friend of mines dad, so we used to tease him about it sometimes...The good old days...HHMMM.