View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Abandon the Roads!

YES, someone just posted about the one topic I'm really good at! (or at least I hope I'm good at it)

As DieselDan said, you want to get the tranny working right with everything else completely separated so's you can make sure it will operate properly when you eliminate the leakage.
It sounds like your shutoff is fine, with a little over 10", it should basically stop instantly.

That leaves the door locks and the ACC. First, the door locks (you want to attack the ACC last - it can be a pain).
The two door lock lines are yellow, and as DieselDan said, one is to a reservoir under the trunk (that lets your locks run after you turn off the engine), and one actually goes to the locks.
Make sure the reservoir holds. It will be very slow to evacuate, but should hold vacuum.
Next try to evacuate the door lock circuit. Try to get it to both lock and unlock, and find out if it is leaking while locking or unlocking or both. From there, you get to start pulling out floor mats (particularly the passenger one) to get to the vacuum lines. From there you get to start pulling apart doors to test and find which unit is leaking. With the floor mats removed, you can follow the lines and it should be fairly simple to trace the leak without just blindly pulling every door open.

Once you get the hang of this sort of thing, it gets easier.
Once you get all the leaks here taken care of, the ACC comes. There was a thread recently where I walked someone through it, and I'll try to dig it up.

The good news is that once you get the vacuum system whipped back into shape, you will basically have no problems with it for quite some time.

Still hauling me to school and back.

Handy Site:
http://www.dieselgiant.com/