View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Johnson Chan
Help, need ur epinion on diesel

This morning my 92 300D 2.5 turbo would not start, Finally got the thing started after jump starting, dozens of tries, etc. This is 10-20 degree weather with the car sitting over 10 hours outside with full tank.

I know for a fact my car is low on compression, ~10 bars on 4 cylinder and ~4.5 bar on cylinder #4, so it will need an complete engine rebuilt @ 300,000 miles.

The question is, is it worth it?
1) Since Mercedes Benz does not allow import of diesels into the country, what we have is it.
2) 300D 2.5 turbos, black pearl, with grey interor is a RARE car and color, i remember spending months looking through sunday papers and autotraders before finding this car.
3) with exception of the engine, everything else is mint, just about all parts have been replaced within 2 years by the dealer using new OE parts. it would be ashame to sell a car with over 20 grand invested in it in labor and parts in the last 2 years.
4)I have S600 grille, euro lights, many many more upgrades, so it looks like a baby s class.

What do you all think? I am open for any comments or suggestions. What would you do if you were me and faced with this situation?