View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 11:07 AM
AHH,What's up Doc????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lietuviai View Post
I'm having no luck finding a good running turbo diesel engine for my 300D here in the NW. My deal with getting an engine from a fellow member fell through. Looking to get one shipped from elsewhere is too expensive. It's too expensive to bother with rebuilding any of the engines I've got so I thought of looking for one locally. My search expanded to Seattle and no luck. What's with the NW and turbo diesels here? Only cars for sale and they want top $$$ for them.
I almost just want to get rid of the 300D...
You can't find a machine shop to help you out with this? I've done some digging here in Phoenix when I first moved here and didn't know anyone and found a good machine shop that does good work for a reasonable price. Of course I had to do a lot of asembly, but if you are willing you can save a lot of money! Just get your self a really good technical manual and go from there. I've found even the ones that are on CD are reprints of the originals and will do quite well supplying you with information! You don't even have to worry about getting your gages dirty, just print out more on you home computer printer! Don't give up yet! P.S. I did some research on your cell phone problem and have a solution for you. Look for an email from me! On the motor, These are not as hard as you would think to rebuild and I'm willing to bet you can do a lot your self!