View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:06 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad300tdt View Post
I brewed 3 batches so far with success and think I'm ready to try steeping. I've made 2 batches of Amber Bock and one of Irish Stout. All used the can of syrup method and fermented in a single bucket. I use EZ-cap bottles so I don't have to use metal caps. (they are like the lids on a Grolsch)

Anyone else into homebrew? What kind of setup do you have and what kinds of beer have you brewed?
I'd love to homebrew, especially since my sister works for a brew supply store in Chicago and I can get all kinds of good stuff. She actually gave me a real nice kit with a for several different types of beer for Christmas a couple years ago but I haven't gotten the chance to brew any yet. It'll probably be a year or so until I have the time and patience to do it right. Not unlike biodiesel brewing.

Making sure everything is thoroughly sanitized is my biggest concern. I can hardly do anything right now without getting interrupted and forgetting what I was doing before the interruption.

I'd like to learn how to make vodka, too. I'd just like to see what kind of vodka I could make out of Maine Potatoes.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)