View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 PM

OK, I got my new Vac supply line installed and now have the trans vac seperated from the rest of the vac lines that passs through the firewall. Now I definately have good vac going to the VCV 10 Hg. I read no leaks when checking all the lines from with in the engine compartment. I have also eliminated all the EGR connections. I still only get to second gear and no further. I have not disconnected my vac line at the modulator to see if it is clogged and not passing vac to the tranny. That will have to wait for another day.
As far as the vac lines going through the fire wall, the door locks do not leak, the green with the yellow trace does not leak, but the brown does. It will not hold any vac at all. When this is disconnected and a golf tee put in its place on the three way, I get good function from the door locks, albeit slow, but predictable. I have not checked what I get from heating and AC. I have also noticed that the engine will not shut off at all without doing so manually under the hood. So I gotta know just what does the brown vac line connect to once it passes through the fire wall?
And also any other sugestions as to what I can do next with my tranny to get past second gear?
Thanks for ny help anybody.
R

1982 300D Turbo Diesel