View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Conservative Radical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh500sl View Post
It seems that these cars at least showed some pride, I would probably never buy one in turth as they don't really handle like the cars that I like, but I do appricate them for what they are. Here is a nice example. I thnk that if the big three went back to making cars l this instead of neons and cavalirs they might be able to do sometning. Detroit will never be able to makes a sports sedan, the Taurus SHO was a nice try, but why bother competing with sometning that you can't do as well. This appeals to me more then most of the modern stuff that gm is making today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LQQK-LOW-MILES-GARAGE-KEPT-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ220144270318QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6149QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
OMG, I thought that the all the American iron, especially stuff with early smog controls were some of the biggest pieces of crap ever built. I always liked European cars for many reasons but mostly because the bean counters did not control everything and the designers were allowed to express some of their passion. Look at that Cadillac, what an ugly turd it is. My mom had caddies for years and I thought they were all death traps because of their terrible suspensions. Great in a straight line but forget about any evasive manuver.

The US manufacturers would do well to deal with their labor or they will be out of business in a few years. That is unless the Feds bail them out like they do to everyone else. But even now their sense of styling sucks and they still have quality problems even after having their lunch eaten time after time. Remember Toyota is now the largest car manufacturer in the world. Then there is poor Ford that has to recycle styling from 30 years ago. The US car makers just can't seem to get it right.

1987 300TD x 3
2005 E320CDI