View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 05:33 PM

My ML320 is a piece of S**T!

Boy, I never expected this thing to have to back to the dealer twice in one month for repairs!!

First time in: New transfer case and front driveshaft/carrier bearing (I originally wanted the rear driveshaft put in, they did the wrong one).

Second time in: New ball joints, new ignition tumbler, new trip computer, pull codes which triggered idiot lights, new rear driveshaft/carrier bearing. On our trip down south, the truck would not get up to speed and would hesitate badly, then we heard some mysterious knocking noise which seemed to disappear and finally we had 5 idiot lights come on all at once and the trip computer would go haywire. So it's back at the dealer now and hopefully they will still be gracious enough to take care of the rest of this stuff under warranty. Otherwise, I'll be having some words with them and with MBUSA.

On the bright side, it is a comfortable truck, and the heated seats are a blessing (haven't had them since our Seville STS), but I certainly did not expect all of these problems to arise on a 3 year old vehicle! I think we'd have been better off if we drove my 300TD wagon!

Well, I guess that's what one can expect from an American built Mercedes.