View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e300D97 View Post
Terry and Marty,

Both good ideas. I have noticed on occasion if I have all light, AC, fan on high, that the battery voltage can drop to below 12v while idling. I am thinking the altenator might not be sufficiently charging. I like to do as much work as I can, I may just take the battery back to Autozone, I think its still under guarantee. Will post back with resolutions

Thanks again

Your voltage readings are in-line with mine. It's not until the battery is recharged that at idle the voltage on the ACC will read around 13 volts, mine varies between 12.7-13.3. I wouldn't worry too much about the specific values as there is also apparently a resister in the ACC to limit the voltage going to it to keep it @ a safe level. Correct me if I'm wrong but the alternator should be putting out around 14v...

I've had strange issues w/ my battery in the past, but, how is it starting firt thing in the morning or whenever you drive it? Does it seem weak to crank? If so I would replace the battery to be a good start.... Ever do a VMI @ the stealer to see what your car may have had done at a stealership in the past, could point you what to focus on????
'99 E300