View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 11:08 PM
Brad 1970 6.3

As to your other assumption about "Bubbas" and straight line performance, I am German and was raised on the Autobahn and two lane roads between Frankfurt A/M and Luxembourg that would make you wizz your pants. I've regularly driven 225kmh/140mph on the Autobahn and not always in Benz.

Oder brauchst du eine Ohrfeige von mir als beweiß du nicht der einzige Europäer hier bißt?

Further, you would have to do a heck of alot more than slightly modify a 302 Mustang to be able to (as you so "scientifically" put it) "piss" on anything except itself. Also, you left yourself hanging way out in the breeze with that... "anything Benz ever made ..." nonsense. I would very much like the see the 86 Mustang Fastback, "slightly modified", that could manage a 0-100kmh lateral acceleration in 3.3 seconds (that's about 0-60 in 3.1 seconds for the "Bubbas") of the 99 Mercedes CLK GTR. Don't even try to suggest that that car can't "handle" either in the curves of the country that built it.

Besides, did you miss the point here or are you purposely just trying to be antagonistic?

The point of the thread is to note that the W109/8 6.3 was the beginning of Mercedes performance sedans; not to suggest that a 30 year old 6.3 could outaccelerate and outhandle every car ever made! Before the 6.3, nobody expected to get sportscar performance from a 4,000 lb. sedan. But I will say this much: if you think that any "decent" contemporary sedan can automatically outrun a 6.3 or 6.9, you obviously have neither owned, driven, or challenged one (at least not one in close to original running condition.)

Maybe you should find one of your almost stock '86 Mustangs and bring it to the next M100 meet and we'll see who pisses on whom.

You've got a wierd sense of humor Nick! (And you seemed like such a "nice" guy at first )

Du Witzbolt du !