Thread: Rush Limbaugh
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Annelid wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS View Post
You can label me a conservative because I hate the government and how it just screws stuff up, and therefore I support less government however and whereever possible. I've listened to Rush on and off since 1993 or so (I work so I have little "radio time" around Rush's show), and I find him to be generally honest - biased, yes, but able to back his conclusions with facts (can't say that about the commentaries in NYTimes, WashPost, CNN, Fox, and the like). Like all media figures, he does exagerate either to make his point or to confirm his own beliefs, and I can't say that I always agree with his "take" on things, but to say he's "so phobic to anything resembling truth" indicates that either (1) you don't listen to him, or (2) you don't hear what he's saying.
I heard what he was saying here: "There's nothing good about drug use…It destroys individuals… families… societies, some might say this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs…And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

Can you explain how he backed that up after the discovery that Rush had clearly become one of the individuals he was discussing in that quote?