View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Doing a burnout is not that difficult .

On my 190D 2.5 turbo I use the left foot for the clutch, with the tip of my right foot I press the brake pedal hard. Then, with the hill of the right foot rev the engine to about 3k rpm, then release the clutch. I can keep my car spinning all day long like that.

Once coming back for the airport at about 4.30 am, the street close to my apartment was wet. A road cleaning truck had just cleaned it. I was waiting a traffic light. Lights turned green, started moving, pressed a bit the throttle to have enough speed for 2nd, but spun the rears pretty nice. Then I spun in second, third and fourth . It was fun but dangerous because if you loose the rear end at about 70kph you can't really catch the drift anymore. It was a lot of fun.

About 2 weeks ago I was racing a guy, yes I know it was pretty childish. He thought his Lancia Lybra 1.9 jtd is faster than my "old" merc. On a straight line, was speeding in 3rd, ~110-120kph, ~5k rpm, changed to 4th, pressed the throttle hard, dumped the clutch and there I was drifting at about 120-130kph. Moved away from the outside lane to the middle lane while the rear was trying to overtake me. Almost hit a very nice looking S class, the newest model.

Lots of fun I should say .