View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Veteran

500E E-code lights, anyone?

Well, guys (sorry, Phil) I'm cutting a deal sorta direct with Hella for 500E Euro headlamp clusters (for off-road use only, guys). They are considerably more expensive than the regular W124 lights, as they difinitively have a model-specific lens (to throw that aux. high beam way down the road). Seems to be The Goods, and I assure you they were hard to track down.

How many of us are willing to buy these RIGHT NOW? Jim N., Guido, FAD (unless I hear otherwise, amigo) and myownself are in, making 4 of us. Any others? I'm likely gonna cut one deal, one time, and then pass the connection along...can't really be bothered getting into the parts biz.

I'm at $450 U.S. dollars per set now, with H4 (headlight) & H3 (aux. driving light) bulbs but without corner markers/turn signals. Deal includes city lights and vacuum adjust, as I understand.

Regular 'ole W124 E code lights are $375, with amber corners & all bulbs. I'm looking into the cost of replacing the ambers with clears.

Michael
2014 E63S Estate
2006 SLK55
1995 E500
1986 Porsche 944 turbo