View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM

More important than Bush's approval rating is Congress' - 11%. Bush is the "face" of America, but Congress is the "labor"; they pass the laws and spend the money. The real power to our government comes from the Congress, and 11% is appalling. I'm amazed at how everyone points to Bush's approval rating and screams "Impeach!" "Impeach", but they never complain about how badly Congress is working (perhaps because they're Democrat-run, I don't know).

As a Republican, what the last eight years has taught me is that all politicians suck. When the Democrats get in power, they spend money like madmen WHILE raising taxes; when the Republicans get in power, they spend money like madmen WHILE saying we need smaller government. Ever four years, we get a shot at a new President, but it'll take a lot longer than four years to replace all the members of Congress.

I don't want a Republican-controlled or a Democrat-controlled House, Senate, and Presidency - I want a government stalemate with different parties controlling different branches. Arguments and inactivity seem to create the best type of government.

1989 500SEL Euro
1966 250SE Cabriolet
1958 BMW Isetta 600