View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Selling 1983 380 SL excellent condition

This 1983 380Sl is very very clean, runs great, and has been well maintained. It was repainted 2 years ago with the Mercedes color and has been kept in a garage. There is a new scratch on the passenger door about 8" long - please see the detailed pics on my flickr account. This does not go through the primer; if you want I can arrange for it to be removed.

The top was also replaced 2 years ago with a real Mercedes top; the back window has the usual cloudiness but I also provide with the car the official Mercedes window cleaning and maintenance kit – and there are no scratches on the window pane; it’s less than 2 years old, after all. The interior is as nice as the outside and the glass is all good throughout. The wood trim is also excellent – and the dash is virtually intact (see picture for slight crack). The chrome and trim is very bright and clean. She comes with a Pioneer AM / FM / XM Radio and cd player. She has her spare tire, tools, manuals & paperwork. She is totally loaded with all the great amenities that Mercedes provides including items such as: Mercedes Benz 3.8L V8 Motor, Automatic Transmission, Air-Conditioning / Automatic climate control (which blows ice cold), Power Steering, Power Brakes (anti-lock), Power Windows, Power Antenna, Tinted windows, Removable Hardtop, Soft Top, Alloy Wheels, Fog Lamps & more.

The steering block, air conditioning compressor, cruise control unit, some suspension items, engine mounts, and many other things are less than 2 years old as well. I have put limited mileage on this car since I purchased it.

All mechanical and electrical functions work; sometimes the right rear view mirror sticks but basically the car is in very very good shape. The tires have a lot left in them (also purchased in the last year or so, and only driven a few thousand miles max). The timing chain was replaced and is to spec. I welcome inspection – and a test drive if you wish – so you may email me or call me at 203-667-0137 for a suitable time. Many more pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9680224@N07/

see it on ebay at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling&viewitem=&item=110183550538&_trksid=p3907.m32