View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Patriotic Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
He couldn't have been talking about the same thing 2 years ago. In the video they talk to soldiers comparing events months ago, not years ago.

It's not the first time I've seen reports on progress on network news, just the first time I've found the link since I've been on MShop. There was some positive reports on the progress in Anbar a few months ago.
Yon's been reporting in Iraq for well over two years. He's independent and funded by readers. His has been the best coverage of the war in both Afghanistan and Iraq (plus some side trips elsewhere). He was writing about the successes of the surge within days of it occurring. Many of his posts have conflicted greatly with main stream media or the subject matter wasn't covered at all so that the big networks could bring us more information about OJ Simpson or Brittany Spears.

If you want to read perhaps the best reporting on the battle of Mosul ever done then Yon is the place to go. He easily deserved a Pulitzer for that.

He's also been one to report when soldiers have received honors for what they've done. It's shameful that there was so little coverage on Lt Murphy this week. Many main stream networks did not mention it at all.