Thread: 240d WVO?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Dieselhead in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
Why do you keep lying? Grow up.

I have used vegetable oil before. I've used 2-tankfuls of SVO way back before I knew better than to do it. Other than the pleasant smell, the reduced economy, poor idle and hard starting made it clear how bad it was. Until a few months ago, I was even using commercial B20 BioDiesel. Unfortunately, it was made with Soy so I stopped using it because of it's food product based source. I occasionally visit a friend in Boulder who is well versed in the WVO/SVO/Biofuel fad. I have personally seen cars in his shop and many cars for sale in the Denver/Boulder that have shown exactly how bad the results can be, especially with single-tankers and and those that had questionable "fuel" sources.

It can very easily ruin an otherwise good car with greasy messes and a once-healthy engine with damaged injection components and plugging with carbon.

Now you know a abridged version of my history. Now you may stop spewing lies about me and grow up.
If it would help you get back to using B20 you should know that vegetable oil used for biodiesel production is either non-food grade or from off-spec oilseed. Farmers used to have to throw away their off-spec seed (wrong color, harvested under adverse conditions or at wrong time, bad season, wrong PH, ect). Now they have a secondary income from what used to be a junk crop. Many farms are now pressing their own off-spec oilseed themselves and selling / using the oil and selling the high protein feed cake.
2004 Acura TL 3.2 32k
1997 Honda Civic 63k
1989 Jeep Cherokee 166k
1960 GMC 1-ton 4x4 350ci v6 56k
1984 Ford F350 150K 1-ton crew cab dually
1976 Ford F350 157K crew cab 4x4 w/354 Perkins, Clark 5spd, Browning 4spd