Thread: 240d WVO?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Biodiesel Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by richclan View Post
im not getting in a shootin match w/you 2 but i will say this. wvo and svo in my opinion, properly filtered and heated is better than dino. its better for the ip [better lubricator] and better for OUR environment [its carbon neutral]. the cost being almost FREE isnt bad as well. Dino is a great starting fluid!!!

blending wvo and dino is what i have been doing for the last year or so in 2 of my cars. the blend is 70 wvo [mostly soy]to 30 dino MY 240D RUNS QUIETER, NO CYLINDER "NAILING", AND THE IDLE IS TWICE AS SMOOTH; NO MORE ROUGH IDLE.
my 98 jetta tdi only smells better. i dont notice any difference in the fuels except w/ i check my pocket for CASH. LOL
And everyone has one. But cold vegetable oil is NOT GOOD FOR THE ENGINE. You get incomplete burning, injector and combustion chamber deposits, and sump oil dilution. Keep doing it and your rings will start sticking and the issues snowball. Mercedes are tougher than most just because of the prechamber design, but I've run WVO cold (in the summer), and Forced Induction is right -- the engine has difficulty starting and idling. The car is not designed for poorly combusting, sticky fuel.
'89 Toyota 4x4, needs 2L-T
'78 280Z with L28ET - 12.86@110
Oil Burner Kartel #35

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oD/bioclip.jpg