View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan44 View Post
Well that's great news that I don't have to pull the block drain entirely and dump out all the citric acid. Ill just bucket my citric acid solution and dump it back in when the time comes.

I have a couple lingering questions though -

1.a) Ive read the water pump bolts tend to break. I will make the special 10mm box wrench as Brian has suggested in threads past. BUT, how can I play all my best cards to make sure they dont snap? Ill PB blast them like heck and use the ground box-end wrench. Should I heat them? Any incantations I could try? I will *not* be happy if this turns into an extraction exercise on top of what has already gone down

1.b) Could the flaky (but still functional)water pump cause my no heat condition by itself? Or am I definitely looking at some sort of multi-fault situation? (Clogged monovalve, bad monovalve, bad aux water pump etc)

Thanks as always,
dd

PS My expansion tank seems to fissuring near the pressure cap...sweeeeeet. Fastlane here I come....
I can only comment on the water pump bolt question that you have...although i suspect that you have a clogged monovalve situation that may clear up upon completion of the flush. In regards to the water pump bolts, you should have no trouble with them if you use PB and take normal care. I ground down my 10mm wrench for the job as well. It is a fairly simple job overall. I would rate it a 5 on a scale of 1-10.