View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:20 AM
dieselarchitect

I would want to see a copy of the receipt. The seller does not appear to know the correct terminology for the necessary work on a mb diesel so I would be wary of counting on an engine that is done correctly. the only way to be sure the pistons were fitted to the sleeves with the correct clearance, I believe, would be to measure it.

To do it correctly, you are looking at about 2500 to 3500 in parts and labor to get to the point that block appears to be at.

If it is too tight or too loose on the cylinders the only solution is to disassemble it and do it over with new pistons or sleeves if it happens to be too loose.

Pig in a poke, unless you can verify exactly what was done and the reputation of the machine shop.

My guess is that they did the job for someone and the person lost interest in the project for his own reasons or because the machine shop bill was a lot more than he expected.

Tom W
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.