View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:54 AM

oke dokey. this has been a long issue with parts thrown at it. what i see now is to nail down if its the fuel dist. whenever i suspected a fd/inj issue i would do a flow test. i would get the appropriate # of small bottles. i would take out the inj with lines attached and insert the inj into the bottles. then jump the fp relay. press down on the flow plate and let it "inject" for at least 30 seconds. then i would see how off the amounts are. a cc or two is enough to make a differance. if one showed a big amount i would install a new inj. if this fixed it, great. if not then it pointed to the fd. the fd has a small plastic screen at the outlet port were the inj line goes in. see if its plugged. if so take it out and retest. you get the idea. if you got rust you need to check yer tank and fuel filter. normally a miss is first diagnosed as to if its fuel or spark related. this is done with a c.o. meter and then according to the results one goes in that direction. this was not done. a miss with low fuel will give you a high h.c. but not extreme. a spark miss will give you a very high h.c.. so go from there. george