View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetwesley View Post
Thanks Mike. I actually was just checking my alternator plug... I don't think it was loose (and I have actually checked that before) and the terminals look ok on the back of the plug with it open...

BUT

I was checking the plug with an ohm meter to see if/where the plug slots connect with the terminal box on the fender, and I noticed that two of the slots on the alternator plug have zero resistance to one terminal (the frontmost one) the terminal box. When I tested right at the slots on the plug, the two large slots on the plug have zero ohms of resistance to eachother... that doesn't make sense to me (ie: why have two slots on a plug with seperate wires if they go to the same place?) but suffice to say I know next to nothing about how the charging system works, so feel free anyone to enlighten me.

The gist of my question: Is that how the plug is supposed to be, are the two big slots on the alternator plug supposed to be connected to eachother?

Super Thanks
Remove the alternator from the vehicle and take it to a competent shop for testing. My money is on a bad alternator. A new VR doesn't always cure the alternator problem.