View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Observations from a 3000 mile road trip

Well I took the SDL on what I suspect is its first long run ever. I went 3000 miles in a week and The car handled very well. It seemed to enjoy running at high speeds and high RPMs.

I did have a few issues however:

1. The upper hose on the Power steering had a hose clamp come loose. I just tightened it, and it seemed to stop leaking. Are there any issues with this that I am missing?

2. The SRS light would flash intermittently. I am not sure what causes this, should I be worried?

3. I found a gray vaccum line that was sealed off near the drivers side of the fire wall. Any ideas what this would be for?

4. The lack of a functioning Cruise control is a major PITA. Someone told me to resolder the circuit board, but I am bit foggy about what they mean. Is there a write up out there somewhere?

5. Wow, was there ever a ton of black stuff that came out of the tail pipe. Is this part of the italian tune up?

6. SDL + Snow = Poo Poo. Man, this thing really is not a winter car! I am not sure if others had this issue, but the light rear end sure did want to move around a bit.

7. The seat was not as comfortable as I thought. Maybe I need more padding down there?

96 SL 500

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke