View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Is yours that green color ? white cloth interior ?

I have the same thing in a '97. I'd take it off your hands (or even pay you a small sum) just for the parts value. Ohio is a "no inspection required" state now =) Sorry, I can't make it to CT anytime soon though.

That car would be a tough sell in CT if it doesnt pass inspection. I don't think that the 2.slow motors are tough to figure out, but, if you dont want to spend or try new MAF or Throttle body then your options are limited. Know anyone with a VAG-COM ? (VW special code reader)

-John
No it won't pass with the CE light on, so as soon as I get the letter its a parts car, well after the date. A MAF is like $200, NFW. My dads friend may be junking another so if I can strip the parts of his for free I might try a few things. I could fix it if I wanted to throw a few hundred and some hours at it, but I won't. After that the trans will probably let go, you just have to cut your loses sometimes.

They all seem to run like crap, he has a stick 1996 that stalls all the time, no matter what he does. My uncle has a 97 that he towed behind his motor him with like 50k miles on it, and he says his stalls all the time as well.

The newer ones seem to be better, my cousin's boyfriend just got a 2000's Jetta, 03 or 04 maybe for Xmass. Its a better car.
2007 Tiara 3200