View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:35 PM
NOCH EIN PILS!!

Yes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL View Post
Yall just put the nozzles onto your existing injectors?
Just follow the FSM procedure.

But here is an interesting thing I learned just after I got my 300. In a German print, late 80s edition FSM, the service interval for injectors. *might not be exactly verbatim* "At 100,000Km, remove injectors and test for spray pattern and pressure. Injectors must be replaced if spray ejection pressure is under 130 bar or spray is poor [illustration]. New injectors must be between 135-145 bar [this manual was specific to turbo] Injectors must have equal ejection pressure + or - three bar..."

"If the owner complains of engine noise and/or exhaust smoke after C service, confirm no mechanical component failure...[listed troubleshooting page] ensure correct injection and valve timing. If noise or smoke persists, replace injectors..."

Manual continues procedure same as the English edition.

I have never seen this page in a CD edition manual and the owner would not sell me the book. I tried to get the ISBN but it was a binder edition and was made for dealerships.
1987 300D (230,000 mi on a #14 head-watching the temp gauge and keeping the ghost in the machine)
Raleigh NC - Home of deep fried sushi!