View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 08:48 PM
All-seeing, all-knowing.

FS: 78 300D parts car

Hi guys,

I'm about to sell what's left of the 78 300D parts car I've had for a while....Some of you have bought items from me already...thanks!

It's pretty stripped of small items and trim, especially the interior, but still has a great transmission, good glass, good exhaust, suspension parts, driveshaft, wheels, newer brake rotors/calipers, starter, alternator, ps pump, compressor, injection pump, a few good body panels, fuel tank, rust-free floorpans, new battery, all engine parts are there except for the radiator, oil cooler, glow relay, and air filter housing. It's a non-turbo, of course.

The engine will start! (with previously mentioned parts replaced, of course) but has a bad knock and no oil pressure--probably a broken oil pump??? Would be a great candidate for a rebuild though...There is NOT any oil in the coolant/coolant in the oil...so the head and head gasket seem intact. Odometer had has been broken for about a year, but it reads 119,000 so it's a pretty low-mileage engine.

Over the next couple of weeks or so I'll be entertaining offers over $250...the transmission alone is worth that!

The car is in Atlanta, near downtown...you can inspect anytime, let me know. Some recent photos on my website, click the link below.

http://mercedes300sd.freeservers.com/index.html
E-mail: mikemover@mindpspring.com

Mike
_____
1982 300D-gone---sold to a buddy
_____
1985 300TD
270,000 miles
_____
1994 E320
not my favorite, but the wife wanted it

www.myspace.com/mikemover
www.myspace.com/openskystudio
www.myspace.com/speedxband
www.myspace.com/openskyseparators
www.myspace.com/doubledrivemusic

Last edited by mikemover; 02-18-2002 at 02:33 AM.