View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRondo View Post
WMA, MP3 both produce a lot of errors in the long run, esp when your writing speed is very high. I don't know about AAC.

The best results I had sofar was copying with an audio unit at speeds no more than 2x.

There are still several CD burners on the market which are capable of burning with practically no quality loss.

On the other side it depends on your audio system's standard if you ever will hear the reduced quality of low KBps computer copies.

The format variations are the very simple reason why I still don't have an I-pod. I have at least a coulpe of thousand CD's, now I would have to go and convert any of them, if I wanted the music on an I-pod unit...?
LaRondo, I recently spent $80 getting my daughter's 40gig iPod repaired by a 3rd party. Apple wanted over $200. Turned-out it needed a new HD. Meanwhile, the kid bought an iPod Sometherother so I have this humungous-memory ipod that plugs into my Pioneer Premier 24901B (recommended on the MBShop audio forum -- thanks guys). The system is so very much better than the Becker in every way that I am astounded. The sound is just amazing and the controls are as nearly intuitive as a very complex system can be.

The iPod lists come up on the Pioneer's display and sifting through the menus is no worse than on the iPod. I downloaded a few podcasts for commutes and combined with the XM give me a great selection of music, entertainment, and educational genres. Eventually I'll rip my music over to the iPod. Highly recommended.