View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 01:57 PM
therooftheroof is on fire

I can't wait! I will admit that towing was a bit fun though...the 190's don't have the same bumper mounts as 123's & 126's (vertical vs horizontal bumper bolt holes)...and I apparently left my towbar brackets on the 280CE that I scrapped. A little improvising and a Home Depot trip and I got it done. Not the best method, but it got the trick done. Once I was under way I made it to the rest stop on I-4 and decided it was time for a nap...and AAA. I didn't want to navigate all the turns in town and risk twisting the bumper mounts on the 190D so I called them up and 2 HOURS later at about 2 am the truck arrived. Nice nap and we were on our way. The tow truck driver was all ga-ga over my wife's wagon...especially after he found out it was T56's (6-speed). He didn't seem to notice the Mercedes. Hilarious. Nice guy though. He gave me a card and told me to just call him the next time I buy a car within 100 miles to give him a call. I will.

'85 280GE...sold
'96 Impala SS ~ 6-speed 396
'14 Cadillac Vagon. . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes