View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 PM

Vibration Damper. No Rubber part between damper and balancer unless the black gunk is all that's left of it.

Sheered Pin. The halves that were still in the balancer.

CrankShaft Snout. The edges of the groove look sharp but you can see some wear from the broken parts. I have no idea what the goo is on the upper left of the housing. Maybe gasket silicone from a previous repair? Any ideas?

Balancer. The grooves look sharp.

Cup Springs, cap screws and the big bold (18mm dia, 27mm head). I haven't cleaned them. Note, no washers on the cap screw. Manual states they stopped putting washers on them Jan 1979.

Let me know your opinions on the grooves in the crank and balancer. Do they look ok? Or should I start looking for a rebuild engine?
If the crank needs to be replaced, I would lean toward doing a rebuild.
Attached Thumbnails
Engine running; no belts turning, no pulleys turning-balancingdisc-2_uhyfty_1.jpg   Engine running; no belts turning, no pulleys turning-capscrewsbigboltcupsprings.jpg   Engine running; no belts turning, no pulleys turning-cranksnout.jpg   Engine running; no belts turning, no pulleys turning-sheeredpin.jpg   Engine running; no belts turning, no pulleys turning-vibrationdamper.jpg  

Last edited by whunter; 01-28-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: attached pictures