View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rt75o View Post
is a 5 gal jug of WVO out on the back porch that is sitting in very cold weather and it was golden and clear in summer temps but now has the consitancy of yogurt. food for thought.
This is characteristic of hydrogenated oils. I pick up non-hydrogenated oil from a sushi place. They put it in a bucket behind their restaurant and its very pourable/flowable. Thinner than syrup at room temp.

To the OP...Elsbett makes a single tank kit that's arguably the best one on the market, and its not cheap. But I still don't think its a good idea to squirt cold oil into your combustion chamber (vegtherm...injector line heaters...whatever, the oil still isn't at the magic 160*F). That's just my opinion, I have no first hand evidence. But I feel much safer starting on diesel (bio-d in the summer) and switching. If you REALLY want to single tank it, you can spend $200-300 and build a biodiesel reactor. It takes more work than to just clean VO, but your car will thank you. You'll still have to cut that with diesel in the winter, depending on how cold it gets where you are.