View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 11:58 PM

Hmm - well I always smell a diesel exhaust odor after the commute (it's not a new thing at all). It dissipates quickly.

Diesel fuel smell? Not so much - and after sniffing the inside of the fuel tank cap just to assure myself that the smell I usually smell after driving is not the same as that of fuel, I am pretty confident. The smell I smell when I get out of the car is the same smell I detect if I take a whiff of the tailpipe after shutting the car down. So odor-wise, I would say nothing has changed at all since I bought the car four months ago. Not to say I might not have an exhaust leak somewhere, but perhaps that is for another thread.

The cold snap has really been over the last two weeks or so and has been at most 10 degrees (C) below normal. The gar is garaged underground - so the temperature it spends most of its asleep time is roughly room temperature and is very constant.

As for whether I am getting #1 or #2 fuel - not sure. I'll give my station a call sometime soon and find out for certain.

As for next steps? I am going to take the italian tuneup recommendations to heart. I have a few good hills and long sections of quiet road I can use for this, so it['s just a matter of finding a good time (and safe weather) to do it. I may also try some DP and see how that affects things. I'll report back how this next tank does me.

Last edited by xdjio; 02-08-2008 at 12:05 AM.