View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Incompetent Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
Find the little wire/sensor on the thermostat on the engine and then ground the wire, see if that lets the blower come on. Sometimes this sensor fails and prevents the blower from coming on properly. Its intended function is to keep the blower off till the coolant is warmer, but if it goes bad in the open position then it will never allow the blower to power up. Hopefully this helps.
Any idea on the location of that part? I have no clue where it would be or what it would look like. Do you mean the same thermostat that regulates coolant to the engine?

Also thanks Biobenz for the suggestion. I actually replaced the fuse a while ago (in the fall) and it worked briefly until it melted the plastic part of the fuse (but not the metal part - learned not to get the plastic fuses!). I actually replaced that one with a fuse was in the spare fuse area in the fuse box and it seemed to work for a while until this problem cropped up. It could be the old fuse in there, though it seems to be very temperature related, which has me thinking it is not the fuse.