View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 07:55 PM

When you say that you got yours "professionally refinished / repainted", did you go to a shop that only does wheels, or did you go to an autobody shop?

I wonder how much more (or less) it would be to have wheels repolished and clear-coated? Surely it would be less than stripping old paint, roughing up the metal to prepare for painting, repainting, and clear-coating.

I don't have the wheels yet and haven't seen them. I'm just told they are scratched. The person who is offering to sell them to me (a member on this site) has very high standards for quality (a good thing), so they may be in good condition to the average person. Once I see them I will be able to better describe the condition. They might be good enough to just live with the problems considering the price is so good.

I have chromed 15 inch 15 hole rims and I don't like them at all. The 8 hole look sooooo much better.

If for some strange reason repolishing is more expensive than painting, I supposed I could have them painted then clear-coated.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".