View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 11:18 PM

Unhappy I got hit tonight

On the way home from work tonight, I was stopped behind another car at a light when a lady hit me from behind. I saw her coming up pretty fast, she hit the brakes -- too little too late -- and skidded pretty forcefully into my rear end. My whole car actually moved forward -- thank God I left enough room between myself and the car in front of me so I didn't hit it. After we pulled off to the side of the road, I got out expecting to see my rear end at least partially crumpled. What did I see?

Absolutely nothing.

Not even a mark. I've only owned an MB for five months, I've heard they're built to last, but I couldn't believe my eyes. The lady who hit me couldn't believe it either. She hit me so hard she was sure I would have been hurt somehow, but there is nary a ding but for a half inch chip out of the bumper. Amazing.

I'm still taking it in to have the suspension and everything else checked out, you know how it is -- accident damage often has a funny way of making itself known after the fact.

As for me? My neck is a little sore -- and yes, I will be going to the doctor. And yes, I've reported it to my insurance.

Thank you, Mercedes quality!

Zach
1992 300CE