View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM

ok TCM fine, dry as a bone.

Now, new but old problem.

Tranny again will not or barely engage R or D.

Heres the entire story.
I replaced the conductor plate draining 5.5L of fluid.
I put in 3L because thats what I had on hand, tranny wouldnt engage, slid right into R and D like they were N, no thump or jump as if a gear was engaged.
I put in another 1.5L and measured with disptick tool. Tranny engaged great but was still stuck in limp mode.
Dipstick says I am 1/2inch over max fill. I remove 1L and let the car sit for a while. Disptick measures acceptable level. I let the car sit because I needed to take it to the dealer the next day for the TCM/ECU.
ok, so again, car doesnt move, total oil replaced is 3.5L of 5.5L removed, but dipstick says I am at max when warm.

SOOOO, logic woudl dictate that fluid is low, thus the lack of engagement of gear, but dipstick says otherwise, whats the deal?????

FYI, when car started today, it moved slightly in R and D but after a few feet just started revving the engine, stopped moving. Waiting a few minutes, tried R and D again, moved a little bit and then revving.

Please someone give me the answer or is it just in front of me, forget the dipstick and put the same amount of fluid back in that I extracted, which was factory fill???