View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Unofficial wormcan opener

Thinking outside the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdjio View Post
Hi guys,

So, typically with my driving pattern (about 90% city, extremely short trips, cool weather) I get about 21 or 22 mpg. When I've driven a tank of mostly freeway miles, I can see up to 24 or 25 mpg. This consumption been fairly constant over 5 or 6 tanks. I always fill up at the same pump at the same station, so I am pretty confident about eliminating that as a variable.

These last two tanks, I've noticed my fuel economy get noticeably worse - like 19 mpg. This started about two or three weeks ago. The only thing I have personally changed since then has been my primary (inline) fuel filter. I've checked the hose clamps repeatedly for leaks and it seems to be just fine... unless maybe it's a really slow leak I am just not noticing.

I haven't checked tire pressures (but will) but I can't think of anything else, unless I am suddenly getting winterized fuel - but this late in the season?

Any other things I ought to explore?
Well since most of the car ideas have been covered, how about taking the bus or a bike for the city trips?

Be careful of the toes you step on today, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. anonymous

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind.” Dr. Seuss