I finished diagnosing the blower moter and was reasonably satisfied with the conclusion that the blower motor itself needed attention and not the switches or the regulator. I disassembled the cowling taking the windshield wiper out first. Thanks for the article in the archives that showed the step by step process, what a lifesaver. I then got the blower moter out fairly easily. I applied voltage directly to its leads and the motor did nothing. I then noticed that the brushes were worn right down to the nubs. Just for kicks I stick a small wire down into the cage that holds the brushes to see if I could jiggle them into contact with the armature. I then applied power to it once more only this time the motor revved like a demon. Success. Now to get those damn brushes out. Onward we go.........
1967 Jaguar E-type Series I, 2+2