View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 PM

I took the injectors to a diesel shop, and I was told that spray pattern and pop press were fine 136-138 ball park, also they could tell that the injector had been serviced not long ago.

the Nozzles IMO the injector nozzles are original with 151k miles.

no fuel leak on top on the IP, but the clear fuel hose from the shutoff valve to the prefilter shows air after turning the engine off. ( change both of the pre-filter o-rings) no joy...

but don't know if PO tamper with the IP, how can one adjust it? and how easy it is to get it back to were it was before? ( I trace each line from the IP to each respective injector, the are ok)

took my car to a diesel mechanic, and said that the car was fine, that the engine sounded healthy. that it was normal..... I told him that I had heard other cars and they were much quieter. he said to me not to worry....

the nailing stops by 1/2 once operating temp is reach, and the A/C compressor is on the, but still I don't think is normal..but as soon the A/C compressor is out, it will start nailing the same... also while the glow plug cycle is on the engine is very quiet but gets loader after the cycle..

Last edited by ramtony; 03-11-2008 at 01:00 PM.