View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

to you, it should be priceless! a family car with that kind of history should last until your grandkids have grandkids!
that sucker ought to pull around 8 to 12K easy. but it is worth MUCH MUCH more really. your family gave it to you, you really should not consider selling it. and any wife that thinks it should go needs a serious spanking.
(hmm...., oh, sorry back on topic...)
is she jealous of the gift? does she hate your family? does she want you to drop all contact with your family? two glow plugs and she wants the car gone?
does she understand that over the life of the next lexus you buy to replace that car, it will need COMPUTERS and INSPECTIONS and Oxygen sensors, and spark plugs and wires, or full coils we are talking THOUSANDS of $$$ in maintenance alone! your car needs what? 6 glow plugs, some fuses maybe a gasket or two for 10 years!!! really, consider a new wife before considering giving up the car to anyone but family.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!