View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Zero

You really don't like the new stuff do you? Have you seen the technoligy that goes into something like an SLR? Its amazing they use materials and process's that didn't exist in the 70's, well unless you worked for NASA. Even something pretty commen like an S600 has amazing technoligy that they could only dream about in the 70's. Its no different than the Gullwing was, well except the Gullwing was bolted together from whatever MB had sitting around because they were broke. But it took a long time for the technoligy to trickle down to cheap cars.

You like British cars? A Lotus Elise is an amazing piece! Its pretty much epoxy bonded aluminum and one of the best handling cars ever made by anyone. Those Lotus are fun old cars, building one as a good kit costs quite a bit today, like damn near $50k. Super Performance sells the 7 kits.

Again its not about speed, comparing different cars and saying one is better than the other because its faster is dumb. So what if the 7 is faster than some F cars? A lot of cars are. I don't care I rather own the Ferrari because they are amazing. So what if a rat trap 5.0 Mustang can take it in a race? And? I'd get more enjoyment out of a finaly crafted car that was built to perfection, like a fine watch, wine or gun.
2007 Tiara 3200

Last edited by Hatterasguy; 03-19-2008 at 11:46 PM.