View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:33 AM
say: Jook-Ur-Pah

Installing previously installed (reclaimed) wood floors

I formerly lived in Charlestown, MA in an old house which had pine plank floors of varying widths. My fiancee and I both really liked the look, and I thought that if the opportunity arose to install such a floor in our new house (which is currently carpeted- ugh- great plan- lake house with light tan carpet), I'd go for it.

So, I've found a suitable quantity of non T/G antique pine plank flooring which is cheap enough that I could go for it.

Anyone have any experience with such a project? I'm assuming that it will be all about puzzle piecing the boards into place (some boards as long as 12''). I guess it will have to be fixed nail down - no way to float it I guess.

Thoughts? I've got about a 300 sq. ft area to do on my first floor; will Tile the entry/bath/kitchen. Not sure what I want to do upstairs yet- it's carpeted too. Stupid carpet!

Oh, new dog has helped with the urgency of this improvement by ejecting his crate tray last week and pulling up a few runs of Berber. Solved the crate issue with a vari-kennel; not terribly upset about the carpet.
2005 Honda Element EX

www.djugurba.com
www.waldenwellness.com