View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 11:52 PM
L' Résistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
See post #14. Apparently, all 722's are not the same.
Looks like the measurement value varies by transmission sub model, but the basic principal still applies. I think it's hard to measure when the fluid is hot because of variations in how hot is hot. After a certain amount of time or miles after cold startup, the fluid temperature becomes stable. Based on my swag observations, it takes at least 45 minutes or 30 miles for the fluid temperature (and thus the level) becomes stable. In my particular case, I have a 40 mile commute to work, so it works out perfectly. I can measure the level (cold, engine off) before I leave the house, it should be about 30mm below the mark. When I get to work, I idle for about 2 minutes and measure the fluid level (hot, engine running), it will be at or just below the top mark. Find that proper cold fluid level for your particular transmission variant (probably by trial and error) and write it down. From that point forward, you can make the measurement cold, and thus more stable. At least that's the way it works out for me.

2004 C240 Wagon 203.261 Baby Benz
2008 ML320 CDI Highway Cruiser
2006 Toyota Prius, Saving the Planet @ 48 mpg
2000 F-150, Destroying the Planet @ 20 mpg

TRUMP .......... WHITEHOUSE
HILLARY .........JAILHOUSE
BERNIE .......... NUTHOUSE
0BAMA .......... OUTHOUSE