View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM

Landlord and Anarchist

The Landlord- Inconsistent lighting-Closeups of lead's face do not match wide shot (too much light in the eyes, some shots have equal level face fill, some have wash filling the eyesockets).
If you want me to see the words on the glass, light them (inky with slit doors from below or rigged to shoot up/down thru the edge of the glass.
Song's not bad.

Anarchist girl - Song feels about 1 verse too long-i wnated to bail during the montage
Car shots- glare sucks and distracts from the driver on left. Should have done more close shots of him across from center of hood to his side.
I liked the solo guitar player, nice image but should ahve had more saturation. The pouring gas to money shot doesn;t work for me (but then on a budget EFX are what you can do in the field.) Kinda feel like what we used to call an NYU walking film. Girl has a nice look and a cute tush.

What did you shoot on? HD or Film?

BTW I did lots of MV's back in the day (early MTV, PBS, Showtime, HBO) for everyone from Meatloaf, Joan Jett, 3rd Bass, Whodini, Samantha Fox, Springsteen, Kristoffersen, Billy Joel.....

Last edited by Stoney; 03-29-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added stuff