View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 04:32 PM

< You will need to find someone ( M-B dealer if necessary ) to do this.??..>>

Why did you fail to mention the DM Button under the hood ??
Yeah, I know, I know.....

That's is what we attemp to do..and why they inquire here..........

We would only tell a person of the tool AFTER directing them to the fact that they have simple owner DM/CE access under the hood w/o any special tool/scanners/etc.. the tool instuctions are for those who have problems OTHER than and BEYOND a CE light, [ in case you are not aware of that], at which time we recomment the "homebrew tool"... [ which has been a Magnificent Technical Diagnostic aid to this Forum..ask ANYONE who has made it!! ]

So, aside from that, just when did you decide to advise each of us on how to answer a Tech post.???
Do you have some type of profile technique of the posters capabilities that we should consider before we post any pertenent Tech info that may be of assistance to solving their problem or answering their querry ???

I purposely made it a point to cover the primary info for this person in a reasonable fashion and included enough info for the poster to decide their own capability factor....

If we are to limit passing on/out knowledge b/c someone forewarns us that in their [ your] judgement we should not tell/show the inquiring poster how to find an answer or make a tool to aid in solving their problem WITHOUT going to a DEALER, then we will lose the main funtion of this Forum and I have wasted many years of tutorial skills and communications..........without a fee, I might add.. My gig here is basically to help posters from having to GO SEE THE DEALER ....

If the poster does not comprehend the advice given, so be it...it is way better to have posted the info than to have not posted simply b/c one has assumed it to be beyond the posters comprehension....let alone the knowledge gained by others that follow the thread...................ya 'now what I mean????????????
Your points are well taken anyway........................