View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_man298 View Post

Someone mentioned amperage concerns, that can be solved by using relay contacts, operated by the sensor.

Someone mentioned wanting it to be a normally open switch that closes on fail, that's not a good setup, a broken wire or corroded contact will let you down.

On the keeping it quiet at startup issue, you can use a timer relay inline with the sensor circuitecertain road/traffic conditions. .
Surely we can find a 12 volt buzzer which does not require a relay.
A timer is just another thing to fail.

If you are referring to my post about the switches I was talking about two switches... the oil pressure switch is on with no oil pressure... but is hooked in line with a switch at the operator station who presses a normally ON switch to OFF to keep the buzzer from buzzing until the engine provides enough oil pressure for the oil pressure switch itself to take away electricity from the buzzer... this is the simplest system I know of which causes the operator to either hear or act to not hear the buzzer each time they start the car... a fail safe system as far as causing the operator to test AND fail safe as far as the switch configuration.