View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Big Jim,
Actually, there's another car that I didn't yet add to my signature ('96 LS400). That's the car that temporarily has taken the place (at least, that was the plan) of the 300SD while the it was being worked on. The LS400 is also going to go. In place of these two cars will be a new family for the wife. So, once the 300SD is gone, I'll be down to the two cars...then I'll likely trade in the LS400 for new one.

Jack, the loss I'm having right now by not selling is the monthly insurance I've been paying all this time and the inconvenience of not having the spot available in the garage for the wife to park. You guys know the drill I'm sure....if the woman isn't happy, you can't be happy

With that said, I'm actually touched, shocked, and proud to have a car whereby others actually discourage me from selling like this. It's a weird feeling....but I've made my peace. I LOVE the car. It's been the first car in a LONG time where I am able to do so much of my own work on - which I love!. The openness of the work areas and the lack of computers is like a breath of fresh air. It's a backyard mechanic's dream car as far as I'm concerned.

If you guys are in the market for a nice 300SD with nearly all the hard and $$ stuff already taken care of, let me know
2018 Honda CRV LX
2010 Honda Fit Sport (RIP)
2013 Honda Accord Sport (Sold)
1996 Lexus LS400 (Retired)
1995 Ford Contour SE (Retired)
1976 Porsche 914 (Sold)
1972 Datsun 240Z (RIP)