View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 PM

Update!

OK... While working on a fuel pressure problem which I won't get into here except to say that I took off the lift pump. Sure some engine oil dripped out from this, but I put it back on and all was happy.

Or so I thought.

I've had the oil dummy light pop on for seemingly no reason... when driving evenly on a level straight away at highway speeds, then go out; when sitting at a light, then a short time later go out...

When I put the lift pump back on I took her out for a test drive... to my utter dismay I was losing oil pressure. It started at "2" then dropped after time I let up on the accelerator. It would never gain back it's previous place even after accelerating again.... slowly the high point would drop to 1 & 3/4, 1 & 1/2, 1 and 1/4... this wasn't even with high way acceleration... this was just around the block.

I added some oil and tried again. It started out at 2.5 but before I went around the block the high point was 1&1/3. HELP!!!

I've not diagnosed this before. Oil level is not topped off, but is more than halfway in the safe zone.

I'm afraid to drive it and not sure how to test on this one... hell I don't even know where the oil pump is!

Any advice and religious inspiration appreciated.

Bill