View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Unofficial wormcan opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg280 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Ive made the decision to takle it myself. I have access to a shop where I ca vacuum it and charge it myself. Now, im getting a parts order together, and have a few questions.

Where do I get the foam for the vents? Is this ACM evap/expansion valve combo up to the job?

http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com/autopartsplace/wizard.jsp?PBJ=080419_075331_0256710410_BNZ&year=1993&make=MB&model=300-DT-003&category=R&part=A%2FC+Evaporator

Do I need a special tool to pull the steering wheel off?

Thanks for all the replies.
As mentioned above replace the vacuum pods that allow the CCU to change where the air comes out. You don't want to pull your dash again to do them later.

When I replaced my pods ( I didn't do the evaporator as it is still holding) I did not pull the steering wheel, I just telescoped it out. The FSM however says to pull it. Pulling and putting the dash back is not all that complicated, as I was able to do it. It is time consuming though. As Sixto mentiond Dave M.(GSXR) has had several 124 dashes apart, so if you run into trouble, I'm sure he can help.

Be careful of the toes you step on today, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. anonymous

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind.” Dr. Seuss