View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
cphilip.com

Ya know... I wonder if the old shop Vac trick would work for this. You know the one people use to keep the motor oil in while they undo the drain plug? I never tried it nor ever used it... but one might consider trying it for something like this... as long as he was prepared to deal with it NOT working.

The theory there was to hook a shop Vac up to the fill hole and turn it on. Duct tape, etc. And it shouldn't be something super strong but a cheap small one. And supposedly it would produce enough suction to keep the fuel coming out but yet not suck it up and into the Vac.... and with Diesel there would be smaller risk of explosion or something because of its High Flash point. Similar to Oil really. I wouldn't do it with Gasoline of course, without a sealed Flammable liquids pump. But might be interesting to try it with Diesel... I would do it outside (so as not so cause a spill in the garage, but thats true no matter what method you chose to use) and be prepared for A) it not creating enough suction or B) filling up the shop vac. Might should be a buddy working the Vacuum and standing by.

I'd be interested in how that worked...

I deny all responsibility for the results! Try at your own risk.
1985 Piaggio Vespa T5 - Black and Chrome

www.cphilip.com